USDA B&I Loans
NYBDC, working with the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), provides Business and Industrial Guaranteed loans to help improve, develop or finance businesses, industry and employment, and to improve the economic and environmental climate in rural communities, including pollution abatement and control.
These USDA loans are available to businesses located in areas outside any city with a population of 50,000 or more and its immediately adjacent urbanized or urbanizing areas (the USDA provides a priority to areas with populations under 25,000).
- Up to $10 million
- Constructing or equipping of buildings
- Purchase of businesses, land of buildings
- Start-up costs and working capital
- Refinance debts
- Agricultural productions
- Interest rates can be negotiated as fixed or variable and have varying maturities depending on the usages.
- Certain communities are prioritized based on economic conditions and high unemployment
- EZ / EC zones and Champion Communities are priorities
- High impact businesses are preferred
- Businesses offering the ability to generate significant job creation are also preferred
Learn more about our other loan programs
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up-to-date with the latest news from NYBDC.
Last week, our lending team provided over $3.8 million in alternative financing for small businesses...
Our team of expert lenders strive to help small businesses grow every day. Last week we provided...
Our lending team finished the month of October strong by providing over $2.5 million to help...
Our team of expert lenders provided $2,231,000 in alternative financing last week for four...
Last week our team closed five loans totaling $7.5 million for New York State businesses. With the...