Community Partner Highlight: Maureen Halahan, President and CEO, Orange County Partnership
1. How long has your organization been in the business of helping businesses?
For over 27 years the Orange County Partnership has been working with existing companies in Orange County that are looking to expand or resolve business issues. Our team of economic development professionals work with commercial real estate brokers, developers, and regional and statewide economic development agencies to find the most advantageous and cost-effective locations to attract businesses to Orange County and help those that exist, to expand.
2. What's been your organization's biggest hurdle in achieving its goals of aiding businesses?
Our focus is on businesses larger than 20 employees, in particular manufacturing or distribution companies. Over time, we’ve noticed that grant programs that have previously provided assistance for businesses struggling to retain their operations are no longer available.
3. Describe any major accomplishments for your organization over the last year.
This past January, Pratt & Whitney, a leader in the design, manufacturing and service of aircraft engines and propulsion products, announced that it will expand its operations to Orange County. The company will invest approximately $140 million in state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and add 100 new jobs to the region. We’re proud to see this project happen in Orange County.
4. What are the key strategic goals for your organization over the next year?
Our mission is to market and sell Orange County to companies that are looking to expand or relocate their operations into the Northeast. Our targeted industries include the food and beverage sector, manufacturing, distribution, healthcare and aviation.
5. What should businesses know about your organization?
We are the one-stop shop for companies seeking relocation and/or expansion. We can assess what a company's business needs are and make the proper referral. The Orange County Partnership is a cost-free resource for economic development support ranging from location selection to financing options, market research to technical assistance.
6. Where can they get more information about the Orange County Partnership?
7. Describe your partnership with NYBDC and why it is instrumental to your organization achieving its mission.
We look forward to further strengthening our partnership with NYBDC and working together to figure out ways that our organizations can assist each other in helping businesses grow and prosper.